At Michigan Works! Region 7B, we’re here to help you obtain the skills, resources and support you need for employment in today’s job market.
We invite you to explore the services we offer to help you land a great career!
We can provide any and all job seekers with:
- Access to computers, phones, fax machines for job searching
- Assessments to determine your readiness for work
- Resources to help you determine your career path such as interest and ability assessments
- Instruction on how to apply for financial aid to further your education
- Coaching for the most effective job search techniques and interviewing skills
- Guidance for creating a professional resume and entering it on Pure Michigan Talent Connect and other online sites
- Labor market information to help you effectively negotiate salaries and benefits
- Hiring events
- Referral to appropriate community resources that can further help you
You may be eligible for additional services:
- GED preparation and testing
- Youth specific programs
- Veteran’s support
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services
- Small business start-up guidance
- Offender re-entry support
- Academic skill development
- Support, services and training to re-enter the workforce after layoff
- Career counseling
- Help with budgeting
- Funding for training
- Skilled trades readiness certificate program to provide basic skills required in manufacturing facilities
- Resources, services and training after job loss due to foreign trade
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW CAREER?
YOUTH & YOUNG ADULT
Job Seeker Updates
March 17, 2020 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (Michigan Works! Region 7B) -- Effective Wednesday, March 18, Michigan Works! Region 7B will modify service delivery in its service centers in Arenac, Clare, Gladwin, Iosco, Ogemaw and Roscommon counties in response to COVID-19...
Looking to start the New Year out with a new position... We may have the answer! Start off 2020 on the right foot - come to the Gladwin County Michigan Works! office and apply for job to be a Census Taker.
Looking to start the New Year out with a new position... We may have the answer. US Census is seeking employees to assist with census taking. Starting at $16.00 per hour + mileage, flexible hours. Valid drivers license and access to a vehicle required. If you have...